summer

Friday, August 3, 2012

Storage System that's cheap and it works!

One of the great debates I have had since making the wonderful things
all of you create and share in your blogs is


HOW DO YOU ORGANIZE IT AND STORE IT?

I keep a lot of things in baggies, but they slide around and fall under things. . .
don't you just hate that?

I think I found a solution that works for me
(for some of the task cards that are small)

. . . and maybe for you TOO!

***Disclaimer****
{It is just possible that someone else has blogged about this, and I haven't seen it. Please forgive me if you have. I promise I'm not copying anyone, just trying to make some sort of organization for my centers.}

At Wal-Mart and Michaels I found these little plastic index boxes.
3 x 5 size for $0.50 at Michaels for $0.88 at Wal-Mart.

I went to my classroom and picked up one of my favorite activities that
Christina Bainbridge made called Short and Long Vowel U
She used the clip art from DJ Inkers which I LOVE and just can't get enough of.


I only had to trim the title cards a bit to fit inside this box,
everything else fit great.

It was PERFECT!


Next I made a set of labels to identify the outside and WA-LA!
And I used some of my DJ Inkers clip art.


 Put the elastic around it to close it and you're all set!
 I have a great storage system that fits easily in my tubs
and is easy for the kids to find.


Christina has other vowel cards that you can find when you go to her site: Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge.


And you'll really love this. . .
They are FREE! Isn't that nice of Christina to make those for us?
 Thank you Christina!


You're a peach for stopping by!
Patty

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Patty! Thanks for the shout out and... the excuse to buy more storage containers!!!!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw those cute little index card organizers too (at Walmart). I was coveting some zebra striped ones to match the border I bought for my classroom. So odd - at first I thought it was meant to store recipes in, but then I decided that it's really for classroom use. Very cute and easy!

    Tammy @ Teaching FSL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!