summer

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Making Memories

Are you full? Did you get to see all the family members you wanted to see? Did you get to eat some or all of your favorites?
I can say yes to all of those!

My own kids were not with us this year as they were with their in-laws. I'm ok with that. We have to be grown up and mature and share just like you do in school. 

My dad came down with my brother. It was tough in the beginning to think about Mom not being with us. She always made the pies, especially the pumpkin. My sister said a lovely prayer, that had all of us in tears. We know she was with us. She loved Thanksgiving.


There is always a card game with my family. .. and it usually involves a tiny bit of gambling with pennies or quarters.


Then my silly nieces thought it would be fun to spray the whipped topping in their mouths!

And it was!

And this is Miss Tenley with her adorable Detroit Tiger Hat. Isn't that just the cutest girliest hat?


Don't forget to check out the big sale on Monday and Tuesday! It's sure to save you lots of money and get you lots of goodies!
Thanks to Jennifer Jones for this cute sign!

Patty

1 comment:

  1. Patty, I just had to comment because I saw the picture of you all playing games. We LOVE playing games. It is just so much fun and you get a lot of laughs. I know what you mean about kids going to inlaws and other places- I'm just so glad when we are all together sometime, the actual "day" isn't the important part! It looks like you had a great time! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!