summer

Friday, November 8, 2013

College Students Learning From Me & My Students

I don't have a lot to say today, but I felt like I should say something! 

So. . . . . .

Let me tell you a little about my week. Our school gets to have some college students from Trine University in Angola, Indiana. They will be with us for about 5 weeks. They are in our rooms on Monday through Thursday until 1:30 each of those days.  

They come to our school because we can teach more about differentiation due to our high numbers of Hispanic students. We have a few other students from other countries, but mainly it's Hispanic. 

I am very fortunate to have Miss Crabtree working with me. She is fun, energetic, knowledgeable, and oh so much like me that it's funny! 

Her duties while she's here are to do some pre and post tests, plan and teach some lessons, learn from observations, do some running records, and anything else that will help her become a better teacher. She will be student teaching in first grade in January. 

I'm thoroughly enjoying her and so are my students.

In this picture she is teaching one of my reading groups the vocabulary words from Chrysanthemum. She had them act some of them out and the kids loved it.
Isn't this a good way to act out being "miserable?"

Another part of my week that was fun was spending more time with my granddaughter. She is just so cute and trying so hard to say words now. She's 17 months old right now.




I'm trying to contain myself and only post 3 pictures here. But you will probably understand that I COULD have posted 300 also!

I'm very excited to share with you that DJ Inkers 
bought one of my products. 

This is a sample of what you will get. There is a color and a black & white set included in the one price of $3.99

(Yes I can now see that there is a typo in this sample picture, but it has been corrected.)

You can click on the box below to take you to the DJ Inkers page and then see what other wonderful things they have there. To find my Thanksgiving Vowels product look in the downloads section.

Have a  restful weekend. I'm going to be gearing up for some of my parent teacher conferences next week. 

Patty

1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo! Yeah for you on your product selling! And love the cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!