summer

Monday, April 28, 2014

Do You Need a Good Mystery To Read?

The other day I went to the library to look for a good book. I was looking for Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar.



But those were all checked out. 

So I continued to browse and I found this one.


I've never read this before, never heard of it, 
but it caught my attention.

I started reading it to my 2nd graders on Wednesday. It is written with the dog talking. It is a fun book to read aloud, especially if you like to use different voices and lots of expression. 
In this book he is looking for his humans and in the meantime he is in the P-O-U-N-D. (He can't say the word because he knows it's a bad word, so he has to spell it all the time!) (My kids now can spell pound!)
He is trying to solve the mystery of where his humans are so if you need to add mysteries to your list of genres, this will be a hit. 

One part that my kids really like is when he gets a back rub. I think my kids could actually imagine themselves giving their pets a rub and how their pets might feel. I am loving this book and my kids are begging to read more. There are more books in this series and some of my kids have already checked them out. 

I highly recommend this book if you're looking for a fun one to read!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to add that to my list!

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds delightful! I'm always looking for books to read to my second graders. I love the idea that it's written from the dog's point of view!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!