summer

Monday, March 26, 2012

BAM FREEBIE

My kids love . . .love. . . LOVE to play BAM! I don't know who created it, and if you did, I'd love to give you credit for doing so. (I even searched google for BAM and didn't find it!)

I created a BAM game with some of the words our students need to take the MEAP test in Michigan. These are words for the language arts portion of the test.

Rules for the game. Each child takes a card  from a pile with the cards face down and reads it. If they can read it, they keep it in a pile in front of them. If they can't read it, they place it in a pile near the stack of unread cards. If they draw a card that says BAM, then they must turn all of their cards back to the pile near the stack of unread cards. The person with the most cards in the end is the winner. You can reshuffle them and play again.

(When I first played it and drew one of the BAM cards I wanted to say DAM! So I'm pretty sure that the creator thought of that when they named it!)

A couple suggestions. Don't color in the words BAM, because my kids could see ahead of time when it was coming. Also, they are probably too many BAM cards, so feel free to take some out. Playing the game this way only asks kids to be able to read the words. But you could have them define the word also if you'd like in order for them to be able to keep the word.

I'd love to know how you feel about this game. . . I think this is very appropriate for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th graders.
 Click on BAM to get your copy of the game. . . I couldn't include a picture of it here because it was created in EXCEL and apparently you can't save things as jpgs. . . who knew?

3 more days and I'm on spring break and off to Florida. . . yippee skippee . . I can't wait!

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!