summer

Sunday, December 22, 2013

I Must be in Heaven! Life is SO Good!

It's Sunday night, and I can sleep in tomorrow! That is just about the best feeling ever! 

It has been a terrific weekend and if you're interested, I'd be happy to share some of the highlights of it.

First of all, my daughter and her husband are going to have a baby in early July. We are so excited for them and for us to have another grandchild! She lives in Houston, so it looks like I'll be spending some of my summer with them. I can hardly wait!

Friday night I got motivated and cleaned out the dreaded towel and sheets closet. It was a true mess. . . but now everything has been refolded and placed in the right place. I threw away some junk too.
It was on to my own clothes closet next. Finally put away the summer clothes (I know, I know, it's been cold here for long enough, that should have been done sooner!). 

On Saturday we drove to Chicago and picked up my daughter and her husband and it was so good to hug them! I haven't seen her in person since August. After dropping her off at her in-laws, I cleaned out 3 more cupboards and again threw stuff away. I am on a roll now! Don't get in my way!

Today I sat down at the computer to finally start making some new things and to work on my blog. . . . some how the first thing didn't happen and now it's nearly 9:30 and I'm writing my blog! Geesh!

For one thing, we had my daughter-in-law and my granddaughter over for dinner. My granddaughter is a hoot. If you are a friend of mine on Instant Gram, then maybe you saw her sliding down my basement steps. If you're not then click on this video to see it for yourself.

The other thing that I spent part of my day doing was Skyping with my oldest and best friend. We have known each other since we were 4 and without giving you my age, let's just say we've known each other for a LONG time!

Ok, that's all for now. I want to start on my next project and I hope to share some of our day on Friday with you soon. 

Thanks for hanging in there with me. 

Patty

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!