summer

Thursday, March 26, 2020

And Now. . . What Do we Do?

For most of us this is Day 9 of the quarantine.
 How are YOU doing?
 What are YOU doing? 

Some schools are asking teachers to be available during certain hours to help parents who contact them. 

Some are doing Zoom classes online. 
I know my grandchildren have been thrilled to see their teachers and friends on Zoom.


Some are having parades where the teachers are driving in their cars and passing the students houses. (I hear this is a big hit! So if you haven't done this yet, it might be something you'll want to do.)

Image may contain: car, tree, sky and outdoor

And there are some teachers who haven't done anything because of many reasons. 

Since I don't have an actual class, I have about 12 kids that I work with each day. So I have been emailing their parents to give them a chance to ask me questions, tell me what they've been doing, or for me to give them more things to do.  I have 5 that don't have an email listed, so I sent postcards out to them. I know getting mail is fun for kids. If you need some free cute postcards to send, Melonheadz Illustrating just posted some today. You can get them HERE

As far as my personal life is concerned, my kitchen is being remodeled and that takes up a large part of my day. I'm not actually doing the work, but I'm here in case they need me. It's stressful not knowing which box in the basement has the thing I'm looking for! 

But like the virus that's going on around us, life will get better! I have now been able to get my things back in my cabinets, the floors  have been installed, and they are currently working on trimming and electrical things. 

I get my zumba exercise in each day and try to get a walk in often. 
If you like Zumba, here's a link that you can use to dance with these ladies every day if you'd like. Zumba is easy, repetitive, and great for your heartrate!


I have grandchildren in Texas and here in town where I live. I have been playing games with them via Facetime on our ipads and that has been fun to connect with them and to give them (and us!) something else to do. 

Image may contain: 1 person, screen

What are you doing? What has worked for you? I'd love to hear what your days are looking like.  



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Zumba playlist! I've been doing Zumba from my living room lately and am glad for some new videos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!