summer

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

100 Year Old Photos!

We had another snow day today. . . 
yup ANOTHER one!
This makes our 8th one. We are allowed 6, so now we are over by 2, but sadly, Winter is not over yet!
There's talk about adding minutes to our days to help out instead of going longer in June. Right now we get out on June 11th. 
My thoughts are this: The whole state of Michigan has had way too many snow days this year. This is a freak year. Last year I don't think we had even 3 days. So why doesn't our governor just say, "Oh well, let's just scratch those days and not worry about making them up!" 

Wouldn't that be nice if he said that? But do I really think he will. . . . Nah! He's just not that nice!

I had last Friday and this Monday off for our Mid Winter break. My husband and I chose to fly down to Houston to see our daughter. She is now
 expecting a baby girl! 
(Yes, another girl grand baby! 
This is going to be so much fun!) 
She has a beautiful baby bump right now!
Isn't she just the cutest!? She is keeping a blog now, (I'm a proud mamma!) and I get to see the updates each week. She is currently due on July 6th, but if the doc thinks she's going to be a week early, 
then so be it!

This coming Friday, we are celebrating our 100th day of school. But truly I do not know if it's actually the 100th or not with all of these snow days! 
We've seen many blogs where the kids and teachers dress up as if they were really old. So our school is going to do this too. 

Last week we wrote about the things we might still be able to do when we are 100 and the things we might NOT be able to do when we are 100! Here's the lists they made.

Then I used an ap called Old Fart Booth and I took their pictures. It miraculously turns them into old, wrinkled people in about 20 seconds! It was a hoot! I tell you it was HYSTERICAL!

I put them on the bulletin board in the hall so everyone could have a good laugh!


 This is her expression when she saw her face!


Some kids thought they looked Hideous! Others just made sad grimaces when they saw how bad they could look. Don't they just look so old!!! Even the skin on their necks looks old. 

 I told them that I knew I was going to age much more gracefully and that I seriously could NOT possibly look as bad as it showed me!

So if you're looking for a big laugh, grab this ap and have some fun with it. Funny though, I couldn't get many teachers to try to see how they would look!

Happy 100th Day to you no matter when you celebrate it!

Patty





5 comments:

  1. Your daughter is so cute! And your pics are hilarious! Hope you enjoyed your day off today... we had PD so I was still in session... what was this... day #8???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby is positively glowing!! Thanks for sharing; you have much to be thankful for. Oh, and your 100 day celebration sounds wonderful.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that app, used it once with me, and promptly deleted it! YUCK, but yours are not nearly as bad as mine was. We had day 100 last week--have fun with your celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh!! I love the "old people" pics - so FUN! Congrats to you and your daughter!

    Kate :)
    McDee's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!