summer

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer Snip Its!

I don't have any exciting news, freebies, updates, or anything to share. . . .

And I didn't want to become stagnant and not change my blog at least once a week. So you get this bit of rambling from me today.

  1. I'm so glad the heat wave seems to be leaving us.  We visited my parents home yesterday, although we were afraid to go since they don't have air in their big old farmhouse. . . they do have an inground pool. I had been forewarned about how hot it was to sleep there, but we took our chances. As it turns out, in their part of Michigan it wasn't so hot yesterday and the pool water was more refreshing than I thought it would be. (We had 24 people there ranging in ages from 1 month to 90 years old!)  In the evening the temps dipped low enough that we could use the word "chilly" and we built a campfire. . . just had to have s'mores!
  2. My grand daughter turned one month old today. . . If the rest of her life goes as fast as that first month, she'll be dating before I know it!!!

  3. Last week I went to Shipshewana, Indiana, which is about 20 minutes from my home. One of my favorite things to get there is Chicken Feet. . . . ever heard of those?  Here's a picture of them. . . They are so delicious. . . they are peach flavored, but you'd never guess it by looking at it. So if you're in a candy shop, look for these, you'll be happy you did.
  4. I got crafty and started making the magnets for my students to use for their lunch counts. I covered them with that cutsy duct tape they sell at Wal-mart and I put magnets on the back. Once I get the official class list, I'll but labels on with their names on them.
  5. I shared with my mom about DJ Inkers buying my project. (My mom is pretty tech savy for an 89 year old. She emails, and plays games on the computer and even skypes like the best of us.) She got into her "Mommy Protective" mode and wanted to make sure these people weren't going to make millions off me and that I wasn't getting paid what I should!! That's funny for me to hear. . . because I know no one is going to make millions, but I like that she wanted to be sure I was being taken care of!! Then she said the magic words that will stay with me for ever!! "I'm very proud of you! I'm glad you showed that to me." That is all I needed. Isn't that funny that as a 56 year old, I'm still looking for recognition and acceptance from my mom. . .  Maybe that's what being a "middle child" is all about!
That's all for now. . . I am working on school stuff and I hope to have some freebies soon. I continue to blog stalk and am so inspired by all that you are doing. I think Blog Stalking should be a class. . . we should get credit for the amount of hours we do it. . . I've learned so much more from your blogs than I EVER had in a college classroom. Thanks Friends!


Patty

9 comments:

  1. For some reason those chicken gummy legs bother me! lol The clothespin magnets are cute!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. . . I KNOW! They bothered me too. . . .at first. .. but then after tasting them. . . it was all over 'cept the shouting! I love them now!
      Patty

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, your granddaughter is absolutely precious!! It's amazing how time flies. My little one is 3 already & it seems like just yesterday that she was a month old!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughter is so adorable! Those chicken feet look so funny, I'd love to take some of them to my classroom and see the looks on my kids' faces! I saw your comment on my morning work post and I wanted to let you know that I sent it to you a couple of minutes ago.
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those chicken feet!! They crack me up.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once a country girl, always a country girl...chicken feet included! You are awesome. Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on DJ Inkers - what an honor!! And your granddaughter is BEAUTIFUL! :)

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thoroughly enjoyed those chicken feet on my drive home this evening!! Actually... I think I was finished with them before I even got out of the parking lot! Yum!! Thanks for bringing us treats!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!