summer

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

How to Read and Write 3 Digit Numbers Better

I feel like I've been in a slump about making products for you. But this last few weeks, I've been on a roll! Yea! It's about time!


Today I am sharing with you a set that you can use now for the Thanksgiving season and one for Christmas. 



They come in both color or black and white. My school is very watchful on the color printer. So having the option to print something useful in black and white but on colored paper is a bonus!



The students that I work with love these games. But besides building the complete 3 digit number from the expanded form, I also ask them to tell me how to read that number. It's interesting to hear how they try to read those big numbers. 


There is a recording sheet and an answer key included. Writing these numbers is also a skill they have to learn. Have you seen them write the number 263 like this: 200603? Yup, that happens all the time. 







And while I was at it, I updated my Halloween set. You may already own this so you may want to upload the newer version of this. 






You can find these in my store by clicking the link under each picture. 

But. . . . You can also win a set by just commenting below which one you would like. . . FOR FREE! 

On Saturday, (November 17th) I will pick my winners. It could be one winner, it could be more. Just take your chances and see what happens. 

This is a time of year to be thankful, and you are one of my blessings, so I want to give back to you!

Don't forget to leave a comment below. Tell me the set you want and whether you want them in color or black and white. Spread the word!  I'm feeling rather generous!


6 comments:

  1. We just played the Thanksgiving one today and my kids are already begging to play it again!! I would love the Christmas one in Black and white!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, email me at prutenbar@sturgisps.org and I'll send you your prize!

      Delete
  2. I would love the Christmas set in black and white. My second graders always need practice with three digit numbers! Thanks for this offer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, email me at prutenbar@sturgisps.org and I'll send you your prize!

      Delete
  3. The Christmas one would be my preference ~ in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, email me at prutenbar@sturgisps.org and I'll send you your prize!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!