fall

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Picture frames and a freebie!

The first full day of the 2012-2013 school year is done! Not such a bad day. . . lots of curious kids. . .which is what we want!!

It rained today, just before lunch. . . and you ALL know what that means! INSIDE RECESS!!!

That's not so bad in our school. We still get a duty free lunch, but the EA's (Educational Aides. .. I know you all have different names for them!) will supervise them in the room playing our rainy day recess games. But if you wanted to go back to the room and do SOMETHING. . . oh . . .get your head together for the afternoon, check an email or sit in peace and quiet. . . well, you just can't do that on these kind of days!

I did want to share a couple of random things. So bear, bayer, beer, bare stick with me!

This summer I saw many of you make those cutsi-fied frames to take your student's pictures in. I had to make one. . . so I did! And I was pretty pleased with myself.  Here's how they turned out with a couple kid's pictures.
 I told them they could turn it crooked if they wanted to so of course she did!
 I just printed them at the local big box store and will pick them up soon. I think the parents will really like them!

A couple days ago I showed you my ADD IT UP bulletin board. I finished the worksheet that goes along with it. And you can pick it up here! You have to scroll down to the bottom to see the Add it Up board. I think I'll add on to this worksheet later and give  them a chance to add more numbers once they get their strength back in adding!

The monarch caterpillars are thriving and growing like crazy. It won't be long and we'll have 5 chrysalis'! Stay tuned for pictures!

Time to get home from school. The air conditioning turns off exactly at 4:00 every day and my room boils with the afternoon sun! (Yes the sun came back out after recess was already cancelled!)

I hope everyone is feeling the love in their classrooms today!

Patty

3 comments:

  1. I don't even want to talk to you about air conditioning at school!

    But your pics are cute! ;)

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures turned out AWESOME!!!!!!

    Same thing happens with our air too!

    Hugs -I will find a way to keep up with your blog, I WILL!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely hear you on the indoor recess thing- that's how it was at my old school. So thankful that our gym is free during recess hours at this school. I get the room to myself (without the mess of games), and they get to actually run around.

    Good luck with that a/c- sounds frustrating!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!