summer

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Text Evidence FOR YOU!

I just have to share a fabulous find. You may already know about her, but in case you don't I want to introduce you to Miss DeCarbo. She's a first grade teacher but she makes things for other grades too. I stumbled on her Text Evidence passages and they are a great fit for my kiddos.


Text Evidence Reading Passages SPRING Edition
Click on the picture to go to this product.

I purchased this set sometime last year. I used it with students who were struggling with finding details inside a passage. 


This helped them in a few ways.

 1. It asks you to read it 3 times. My kids questioned this? Why should I read it 3 times? It helps them be sure they read everything correctly and don't miss something important. 

2. It gives them specific things to look for inside the passage. They have to find things and color them a certain color.







 3. They have to write a response to a question. They can look back in the passage to find their answer.





I just purchased this set on Rare Animals.
 I will be starting this soon. 
I know my 2nd graders will love this. 
Text Evidence Reading Passages RARE ANIMALS Edition
Click on the picture to go to this product in her store.


Try some of her stuff. I know you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!