summer

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Finding the Clipart That You're Looking For


Have you ever had a hard time finding a piece of clipart, but can't seem to find it or don't know if you have such a piece of clip art? 

I do that all the time. My friend Alix Spears just showed me a quick way to find what I'm looking for. I was amazed! It was so easy and so simple. I may be the only one who doesn't know how to do this. But just in case I'm not and just in case YOU want to know how to find those clip art pieces you're looking for, you will need to read on. 
(You might even want to share this with other friends who are having the same problem.)

I keep all my clipart in an external hard drive (on my computer it is listed as My Passport (E:) Each artist has their own file. That's the way I chose to store mine. Some people put all their clip art in one file. You can choose to store them in the way that fits your style best. 

First, I go to the file where I store my DJ Inkers clip art, for example. 
In the right hand corner is a search box. 

(Who knew that's always been there?)


I was looking for a ruler the other day, 
so I typed in the word ruler in the search box.


What do you know?  This list opened up to show me where I could find those rulers. I had rulers in 4 different places! 
(Only some of them are shown here in this picture)

Then I had to try this with other clipart groups that I have. 
I wanted to prove that this works for all of my clipart. 

So, I went to Krista Wallden's Creative Clipart. 


I searched for cars
I wasn't even sure if she had any cars in the clip art that I owned. 



Sure enough! A short list opened to show me that I did have some cars in her clip art that I owned. 

If you have your clip art stored in one or two places, you will be able to find what you're looking for.  I hope this helps you find the pieces that you're looking for. 

I'd love to hear if you already knew this or if you learned something new from this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!