summer

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Geometry Freebie . . . and Thanksgiving is COMING!


Do you know Deanna from Primary Punch?
Photobucket

She is one of my FAV people that I like to buy from. Her stuff is always top notch and fits exactly what I need for my 2nd graders. 

I picked up this perfect activity this summer from her. 
And I just have to share with you, that my kids are begging me every day to play this game. 

You've heard of the game called HeadBandz? 
Well, this is played just like that. Except the cards that you put on the head band are actually shapes that our kids need to know. Not only that, but it helps them learn more about the description and characteristics of the shapes and how to ask questions.

 Check out some of my pictures below.


This shows a list of possible questions the students can ask their peers to help them figure out which shape is on their head. It also gives a shape cheat sheet in case they can't remember the name of something.


 Here my students are using a different list of shapes to help them figure it out. 
 So many times they wanted to look up on their head to see if they could see the shape that was attached to the head band!!!







Today when we played it, I didn't let them use the question card. After two days of playing it, I felt they were ready to think up their own questions. They were great at this. And I feel strongly that my kids know their shapes much better now, thanks to Deanna's Shape Game. I sure hope she considers making a 3D shape game just like this one!

Now if you're still here, guess what? YOU can pick this up for absolutely none of your pennies, paychecks or pay pals! It is FREE! Yup! That's true. . . all you have to do, is click HERE and you'll have it in your hot little hands. 
Don't forget your manners and please leave her some nice comments after all she gave it to you for nothing!


And One More Thing!

Are you looking for some things to do with your class for Thanksgiving? Well, I have just the place! 

No Monkey Business is showing off lots of links to fun and helpful activities from other teachers.


I found lots of great ideas for my 2nd graders and there are even links for other grades too! Be sure to check it out! You won't be disappointed!


Patty

2 comments:

  1. Cool idea - thanks for sharing the idea!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute idea! Thank you for sharing! Also, I saw you on the TPT home page:) Congratulations!

    -Beach Teacher
    Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!