summer

Monday, February 20, 2012

Student Treasures after a Vaca!

Is it over already? Dang that went by just way too fast! I was so lucky to have a wonderful weekend, that I'm very sad to see it come to an end. My husband and I flew to Houston to see our daughter and her husband. They are both teachers there and both took Friday off to spend with us. That was so good of them and we had so much fun getting pedicures while the guys golfed. We shopped and laughed and got back into being together again. We ate way too much, took naps each day, and played some good games of Euchre, which Mackenzie and I lost most of!

But now that I'm back, I feel so rushed. Our class is submitting a book to Student Treasures and it has to be in the mail by Wednesday. . . yes, this Wednesday. .  yes, two more days!!! Yikers! So today when I got back, I went to school from 4:00 till 8:30 just getting my pictures put together to go in this book. I have all (except 3) of the stories done, so that's a relief. But you have to copy these on special papers and they have to be on front and back. And what's even worse . . . there is a specific page that is for the color and a specific page for the black and white and if you mess it up. . . .well, you just have to find another one of those special papers to use.

Don't get me wrong. . . I like Student Treasures, but. . .

They cost $19.95 for each student to buy. . . that's too much for most of my families.. . .

I'm doing all the work. . . . . typing, printing, sorting, organizing, making the cover page, the title page, and the dedication page. . . 

All Student Treasures does is print them and bind them. . . for $20.00.. . . .

I don't think I'll do this again. It's more of a headache for me. . . and at this time of my life, I don't need another headache.

Plus, here I sit blogging, when I should be doing the lesson plans that haven't gotten finished yet. I'd rather check out what everyone else is doing.

And I'd rather be sharing some of my creations with you. . . .  I promised I would. . . I do remember that. . 

but that will just have to wait. . . I'm so sorry. . . I have a deadline for this book. . . and blogging doesn't have a deadline.

Just believe me. . . I will return with a freebie!

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!