summer

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Slime!

Slime. . . It's oohie, gooey, and oh so much fun! Our kids are learning about mixtures in science. The other day we made the corn starch and water mixture that some call OOBLECK. The kids went crazy with it. But today we mixed 1/4 cup water with a 1/4 cup of Elmers glue. They stirred it up and then I added 1/4 cup of a borax and water mixture. You should have heard their squeals of joy! It's a good thing we have an extra room with tables and a linoleum floor that can handle messes like this! I meant to bring my camera home to post pictures, but I forgot. I know that sounds just the excuses the kids give us about things they are supposed to do, but seriously I forgot. Maybe tomorrow I will remember! On a good note, did you see the sun today? We did in Michigan, and it felt so good to see it so bright outside again. Patty Oh and one more thing. . . Yea! Tomorrow is Friday! Yippee skippee!

1 comment:

  1. We did Oobleck last year for our matter unit but... since I looped up with half of my class, I had to change it up a bit. So we made "quicksand" this year and actually used it for our science fair project. We investigated the properties of quicksand, determined if it acted more like a solid or a liquid, and then put plastic animals inside and figured out if it was best to make them struggle or just stay calm to try and get them out!

    We had a blast... I like the sounds of your slime too!

    :)
    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!