summer

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Parteee's OOOOOveeerrrr!...See My SMILE?

I already posted this once, but in my haste to publish it, I forgot the title. . .so when I went to add the title, I somehow wiped it away! So let's try this again. . .  .

Our parties are breakfast parties so that they are over and done with and the kids aren't asking when they're going to start all day long. We vote on what the food will be so that we are using the democratic values and teaching them how majority rules. The winner was sausage gravy pizza which is made by our food service. . . wait. . . not made. . .heated up. .. I'm pretty sure they are made in a factory somewhere and deep frozen till they arrive at our district.  . . never the less, they were tasty enough for everyone to enjoy them.

Thanks to all of you, I was able to do a lot of other "Academic" things that were created by the wonderful caring and sharing teachers here at BlogLand. Thank you all so much for giving me the scoot game and the I Have, Who Has game to play today. We don't have curriculum cops like Kristen at www.ateenytinyteacher.blogspot.com has but we still try to keep it somewhat "academic."

We are now getting ready to celebrate our 100th day of school on Thursday. If you remember our building has only 6 classrooms. 2 kinders, 2 firsts, and 2 seconds. We will rotate from room to room in the afternoon for about 30 minutes each. Each room will do an activity that has something to do with 100. It's a great way to showcase that huge number and also makes the day go by quicker.

My mind will be elsewhere all afternoon. . . . but you'll have to come back tomorrow to find out where my mind will be. . . and why. . . .  Hope to see you.

Happy Valentine's Day my friends.
xoxoxxoxo

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!