summer

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Freebie and a plane ride

I have too many things to do. .  but what do I choose to do? Write in my blog! I am going to be up so late and be so far behind. BUT I really wanted to do this tonight.

You see tomorrow night my husband and I will drive to Chicago and take a flight to Houston to see our daughter and her husband. We are so excited to do this quick trip and we've been counting the days for a long time. Our school has Friday and Monday off for Mid Winter Break. So it's a perfect time to get in a little R&R and some golf for my husband. So that's what's been on my mind lately. Besides blogging.. . .

I want to share with you an activity that the teacher who shares everything with me created. Her name is Cathie and she has a great mind to create mathmatical things that help the children understand better the skills we are trying to teach them.

This one is called Mountain Math or Target Math. Run off enough copies for each child. Hand write a different number for each paper. It's best to use a number in the hundreds. This paper helps them solve expanded notations, writing the numbers, looking for the value of each digit, drawing the place value blocks and converting that number to a dollars and cents notation. I hope that you like it and are able to grab a copy of it. I was not able to create a picture of it to show you here, but when you click on the link, you'll see it.

If you take it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on if you like it or not. I think it works well for 2nd and 3rd grade, but maybe you have some fourth graders who could use the practice too.

Have a great weekend. I won't be back on here till Monday. I promised my daughter that I wouldn't work on this while I was with her. . . I know. . . . How silly would that be. . . . to be working on a blog on vacation! No one would EVER think of doing that . . . . right?

Patty

Click here for Mountain Math

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment after grabbing one of my ideas! It's like leaving a tip for a job well done!